Tilley LTM5 AIRFLO® Sun Hat Blue
Probably the best hat in the world.
Elephant trainer Michael Hackenberger of the Bowmanville (Ontario) Zoo, had his Tilley Hat snatched from his head and eaten by an elephant. Three times. Michael later would find and pick up his hat, wash it thoroughly, and wear it.
Tilley are so confident with the quality of their hats that they give them a lifetime guarantee. If it wears out you can have one for free.
- Maximum sun protection - fabric is certified UPF 50+, the highest given
- Air flow - 3/4" mesh around crown allows for extra ventilation
- Guaranteed for life
- Water-resistant finish keeps off the rain
- Front & back wind cords system secures hat in gusty conditions
- hydrofil® sweatband to wick moisture away
- Keep valuables safe in the secret pocket
- Buoyancy – stays afloat in water
- Brim size - Front: 2 5/8"; Back: 2 3/4"; Sides: 2 1/8"
- Under brim colour - khaki under brim is olive & natural under brim is green. All other colours have the same under brim colour as body of hat.
- Weight - 3 oz / 85 g
- Manufacturing - Designed in Canada. Made in China
- Fabric - 100% supplex nylon; mesh 100% polyester
- Care - Machine wash delicate or hand wash cold, use mild detergent. Reshape and air dry. Do not bleach. Remove wind cord and foam from crown pocket before wash. Do not use softeners. Do not iron.
Tilley uses Canadian sizing, which is one size larger than UK sizing. A UK size 7 would be a Canadian size 7 1/8.
Extra-Small 6 7/8 - 55cm
Small 7 - 56cm
Medium 7 1/8 - 57cm
Medium 7 ¼ - 58cm
Large 7 3/8 - 59cm
Large 7 ½ - 60cm
Extra-Large 7 5/8 - 61cm
Extra-Large 7 ¾ - 61.5cm
XX-Large 7 7/8 - 62.5cm
XXX-large 8 - 63.5cm
For more information about sizing, check out our Tilley Sizing Guide.